View from the Aasee to the Old Town, with the spires of the cathedral towering above the Promenade.
Why did the LivCom jury nominate Münster as the most liveable city world-wide? Because the city was able to convince the jury in the five required categories:
1. Improvement of the landscape
2. Structuring of the historical heritage
3. Environmentally aware living
4. Integration of the citizens
5. Integrated future planning
Münster was awarded the highest possible mark in all the categories. In this case it was not primarily a matter of accruing points with individual projects in each of the five sectors. The jury primarily asked about integrated planning tools, which permit the interlinking of the different categoies. An additional priority area was upon sustainable and integrated urban development.